Some Links Won't Open

dek785

Beta member
I'm a new member to the forum with a minor problem and I wonder if some of the forum members can help me with it.

I have a new Acer Aspire all-in-one computer with Windows 7. My anti-virus software is Norton 360. My browser is Internet Explorer 9.

With one exception the functions and features of this computer operate perfectly. The problem is that some links and websites will not open. When I click on them either nothing happens at all, or else a blank white screen appears and just sits there. There are no messages as to what the problem might be.

By a sheer lucky accident, I have found a way around this problem, but I shouldn't have to resort to this. If I click on the link with the left mouse button, hold the button down, and drag all the way to the bottom of the screen the link will open every time. As soon as I start to drag, a small circle with a diagonal line appears . I assume that this indicates a blocked or restricted site ?

My wife has a new Toshiba laptop with exactly the same software I mentioned above and she can always open any of these links simply by clicking on them. We share the same wireless router and have the same service provider.

Back
Top Bottom