Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default software transfer

so recently my Asus computer (n55ojv-db72t) cover, screen, and other parts broke, and i dont want to pay for the parts when it could be cheaper to get a new computer. But the problem with this, is that i wanted to keep the stuff on my old laptop, like the drive, software, hardware, and other computer systems. So can i buy another Asus computer at a cheap price, and transfer the stuff i wanted to keep.

knightghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: software transfer

Hi you could use a docking cable and transfer data from your old drive to your new drive. This is what I use!
Amazon.com: Vantec CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Supports 2.5-Inch, 3.5-Inch, 5.25-Inch Hard Disk Drives (Black): Electronics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture48.JPG (34.5 KB, 0 views)

donetao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donetao View Post
Hi you could use a docking cable and transfer data from your old drive to your new drive. This is what I use!
Amazon.com: Vantec CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Supports 2.5-Inch, 3.5-Inch, 5.25-Inch Hard Disk Drives (Black): Electronics
ok, but if i do get a new cheaper computer, it'll properly not be as strong as the original, so i need to switch hardware parts. plus how do you even use 1 of those.

p.s srry i meant hardware, not software
Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
BSOD

Quote:
ok, but if i do get a new cheaper computer, it'll properly not be as strong as the original, so i need to switch hardware parts. plus how do you even use 1 of those.

p.s srry i meant hardware, not software
Sorry!! But I have no idea what will be compatible with a new computer. What hardware parts are you wanting to switch??
Old 07-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightghoul View Post
so recently my Asus computer (n55ojv-db72t) cover, screen, and other parts broke, and i dont want to pay for the parts when it could be cheaper to get a new computer. But the problem with this, is that i wanted to keep the stuff on my old laptop, like the drive, software, hardware, and other computer systems. So can i buy another Asus computer at a cheap price, and transfer the stuff i wanted to keep.
Your only chance is to get a PC of same model #and same motherboard then you can use the same win ops and legitimate your key.
i myself had a Lenovo thinkcenter m series with Linux,i wanted to get win 10 on it for free so i got me another Same Lenovo Model # same motherboard with Win 7 installed very cheap on Ebay,then i cloned another HDD from win 7, and put in the other Lenovo and now i have both PC ready to be upgraded to 10 for free.
frank55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank55 View Post
Your only chance is to get a PC of same model #and same motherboard then you can use the same win ops and legitimate your key.
i myself had a Lenovo thinkcenter m series with Linux,i wanted to get win 10 on it for free so i got me another Same Lenovo Model # same motherboard with Win 7 installed very cheap on Ebay,then i cloned another HDD from win 7, and put in the other Lenovo and now i have both PC ready to be upgraded to 10 for free.
that sounds more expanse than fixing it...
Old 07-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
BSOD

Wow! Good thinking frank! That sounds like a plan to me. Double the pleasure and double the fun.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #8
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank55 View Post
so wait, let me get this straight, you want me to buy the same exact computer, to just fix my laptop
Old 07-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #9
In Runtime

Quote:
that sounds more expanse than fixing it...
not for the price i payed for the lenovo i5 pc
Old 07-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
In Runtime

Quote:
so wait, let me get this straight, you want me to buy the same exact computer, to just fix my laptop
that's the plan and a good one,the price you pay to repair it, you can buy same model# on Ebay cheap and keep your broken existing pc good parts for future swap;
it's not only that , you can use your existing hdd with the win OPS on it too since it's same mother board and cpu it will be legitimated by MS; if it's same model# and mother board,

Tags
asus, help me, software, software information, transfer