Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-15-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: Software for disk copying

Hi again folks, I have decided to give iTunes a try. I have gone into the site and have tried (several times) to download the programme. I get a box appear that asks "Do you want to save the file" I click yes and then.....................nothing! Absolutely nothing happens. I have gone into where any downloads normally appear and there is nothing there either. Am I doing somethin wrong here?
Thanks again.

bluenose1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
The Candyman

I don't understand why it wouldn't download...try downloading it with a different browser and see if that helps.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution. It also started downloading right away using IE. Looks like FF has a compatibility issue with the Apple website.

However, I personally can't stand iTunes, it's one of the worst pieces of software I've ever encountered. I refuse to have it on any of my systems.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #14
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
I don't understand why it wouldn't download...try downloading it with a different browser and see if that helps.
Yes it worked a treat with IE, thank you

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by strollin View Post
I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution. It also started downloading right away using IE. Looks like FF has a compatibility issue with the Apple website.

However, I personally can't stand iTunes, it's one of the worst pieces of software I've ever encountered. I refuse to have it on any of my systems.
Yes I managed to get it to download by using IE. Interestingly enough, I said to my wife that I didn't want to put iTunes on my PC and now I've gone and done it. I can delete it again of course. I don't like iTunes as it has caused loads of problems with my wife's iPad/iPhone and my iPhone.
Why do you dislike it?

What do you use for music Libraries/Playlists/ etc?
bluenose1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
In Runtime

Quote:
I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution.
I'm shocked Do you mean, to tell me, that Chrome did something FF couldn't??
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
Yes it worked a treat with IE, thank you

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Yes I managed to get it to download by using IE. Interestingly enough, I said to my wife that I didn't want to put iTunes on my PC and now I've gone and done it. I can delete it again of course. I don't like iTunes as it has caused loads of problems with my wife's iPad/iPhone and my iPhone.
Why do you dislike it?

I as well hate iTunes. It's like origin vs Steam lol. I use Windows media player. It's simple and easy. I just have all my music divide into folders for each genre, and click whatever song I was to play. And it'll move on to the next automatically. I have 2 separate ways of listening to music. On my computer I downloaded the files directly from youtube. On my phone, I buy my songs Via google play and use the play app to listen to the music I bought.
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
I'm shocked Do you mean, to tell me, that Chrome did something FF couldn't?? ...
Yup, in this single case Chrome actually did something that FF couldn't. Since I dislike iTunes anyway, it's really a feature for me. FF must understand that I consider iTunes to be nothing but malware so protects me by refusing to download it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
Why do you dislike it?

I dislike iTunes because I don't care for its inflexibility. It wants to do things its own way and I want to do things my way. Since I'm the boss of my computer, iTunes gets tossed.

I just use the regular Windows file structure and have all my music organized with a top folder for Artist with sub-folders for albums. Within the album sub-folders are my music tracks. All my music tracks are independent files that I can move, copy, delete, etc... with complete freedom. I can copy them to another computer or my phone or my tablet very easily and with no restrictions.

I don't use a library or playlists. I prefer to play my music randomly with shuffle on so I don't end up listening to the same songs over and over again.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #17
The Candyman

Quote:

Why do you dislike it?

I only use Itunes just to make MP3's from my CD's. I don't accually use it for my media player.

For my media player I use Winamp.I love Winamp because it can play a whole folder full of MP3's and play them in one long play list.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #18
In Runtime

Quote:
I consider iTunes to be nothing but malware so protects me by refusing to download it!

That's the best comparison ever lol

Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote