Software for disk copying

Hi again folks, I have decided to give iTunes a try. I have gone into the site and have tried (several times) to download the programme. I get a box appear that asks "Do you want to save the file" I click yes and then.....................nothing! Absolutely nothing happens. I have gone into where any downloads normally appear and there is nothing there either. Am I doing somethin wrong here?
Thanks again.

I don't understand why it wouldn't download...try downloading it with a different browser and see if that helps.

I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution. It also started downloading right away using IE. Looks like FF has a compatibility issue with the Apple website.

However, I personally can't stand iTunes, it's one of the worst pieces of software I've ever encountered. I refuse to have it on any of my systems.

Last edited:
I don't understand why it wouldn't download...try downloading it with a different browser and see if that helps.
Yes it worked a treat with IE, thank you

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution. It also started downloading right away using IE. Looks like FF has a compatibility issue with the Apple website.

However, I personally can't stand iTunes, it's one of the worst pieces of software I've ever encountered. I refuse to have it on any of my systems.

Yes I managed to get it to download by using IE. Interestingly enough, I said to my wife that I didn't want to put iTunes on my PC and now I've gone and done it. I can delete it again of course. I don't like iTunes as it has caused loads of problems with my wife's iPad/iPhone and my iPhone.
Why do you dislike it?

What do you use for music Libraries/Playlists/ etc?

I just tried to download it using FireFox and it wouldn't download for me either. I tried Chrome and it started downloading right away. Can't explain why but in this case, Chrome is a solution.
I'm shocked :eek: Do you mean, to tell me, that Chrome did something FF couldn't??
Yes it worked a treat with IE, thank you

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Yes I managed to get it to download by using IE. Interestingly enough, I said to my wife that I didn't want to put iTunes on my PC and now I've gone and done it. I can delete it again of course. I don't like iTunes as it has caused loads of problems with my wife's iPad/iPhone and my iPhone.
Why do you dislike it?

I as well hate iTunes. It's like origin vs Steam lol. I use Windows media player. It's simple and easy. I just have all my music divide into folders for each genre, and click whatever song I was to play. And it'll move on to the next automatically. I have 2 separate ways of listening to music. On my computer I downloaded the files directly from youtube. On my phone, I buy my songs Via google play and use the play app to listen to the music I bought.

I'm shocked :eek: Do you mean, to tell me, that Chrome did something FF couldn't?? ...
Yup, in this single case Chrome actually did something that FF couldn't. Since I dislike iTunes anyway, it's really a feature for me. FF must understand that I consider iTunes to be nothing but malware so protects me by refusing to download it! :thumb:

Why do you dislike it?

I dislike iTunes because I don't care for its inflexibility. It wants to do things its own way and I want to do things my way. Since I'm the boss of my computer, iTunes gets tossed.

I just use the regular Windows file structure and have all my music organized with a top folder for Artist with sub-folders for albums. Within the album sub-folders are my music tracks. All my music tracks are independent files that I can move, copy, delete, etc... with complete freedom. I can copy them to another computer or my phone or my tablet very easily and with no restrictions.

I don't use a library or playlists. I prefer to play my music randomly with shuffle on so I don't end up listening to the same songs over and over again.

Last edited:
Why do you dislike it?

I only use Itunes just to make MP3's from my CD's. I don't accually use it for my media player.

For my media player I use Winamp.I love Winamp because it can play a whole folder full of MP3's and play them in one long play list. ;)

Back
Top Bottom