So.. How is Windows 10 going?

Great to see so many people helping each other out and sharing their thoughts.

I have the ISO burned to a CD and have yet to install. It sounds like it's best to do a fresh installation via booting the PC through the disk drive and starting with a clean slate?

Great to see so many people helping each other out and sharing their thoughts.

I have the ISO burned to a CD and have yet to install. It sounds like it's best to do a fresh installation via booting the PC through the disk drive and starting with a clean slate?

Have you upgraded yet, sorry if you've already mentioned it, I haven't read every post

Not at all, still running W7!

I only ask because if you're getting the free upgrade from windows 7, you'll need to run the upgrade first, if you do a fresh install, you'll need a key.

If you upgrade to windows 10, it will use your current windows 7 key to activate windows 10, once you've upgraded, check to see if windows 10 is activated, if it says windows 10 is activated, go ahead and install again, this time a fresh install, it should activate when you complete the fresh install.

I only ask because if you're getting the free upgrade from windows 7, you'll need to run the upgrade first, if you do a fresh install, you'll need a key.

If you upgrade to windows 10, it will use your current windows 7 key to activate windows 10, once you've upgraded, check to see if windows 10 is activated, if it says windows 10 is activated, go ahead and install again, this time a fresh install, it should activate when you complete the fresh install.
One additional comment, during the clean install, skip the part where it asks you to input a key (you won't have a key to enter anyway), your copy will still get activated.

wtf is this?
Trying to empty recycle bin and got this message.... if i don't have the permissions to delete it why can i place it in the recycling bin in the first place? Easy to just click continue.... but why ask.

The worst thing to me in win8 (other than metro) and apparently also win10 is how the permissions are handled. I haven't seen this message in win8, so it doubt the permission handling are gonna go in the direction of windows 7 again soon.

Last edited:
Hi! I suppose a clean install of W10 would be nice. I prefer the upgrade. The upgrade restored all my Apps and data. I did have a couple of Apps that I had to uninstall and reinstall, but that was a minor deal. I suppose I should burn a ISO file. I have already created two images. I may be wrong but I'm thinking it has a back to factory on the C drive. Does anyone know if that's true??
Gary!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
wtf is this?
Trying to empty recycle bin and got this message.... if i don't have the permissions to delete it why can i place it in the recycling bin in the first place? Easy to just click continue.... but why ask.

The worst thing to me in win8 (other than metro) and apparently also win10 is how the permissions are handled. I haven't seen this message in win8, so it doubt the permission handling are gonna go in the direction of windows 7 again soon.

I think it's making sure that you want to do this. Click continue and it's done.

Back
Top Bottom