SNES Emulator

JuniorScully

Beta member
Hey Guys!

I'm a complete software numpty who just wants to play games. I understand that I need to download certain things, but the question is WHAT and HOW. This regards the Top 20 SNES Games. They are SMC files which automatically take me through to Power ISO...

It says: 'The file format is invalid or unsupported'

It won't let me progress any further than this, so any feedback would be greaty appreciated.

Thank You.

I'm not sure we can help you here, the SNES Emulator is LEGAL, however, the BIOS needed to run it and the SNES ROMS are ILLEGAL unless you own a SNES and a legit copy of the game.

I'm not sure we can help you here, the SNES Emulator is LEGAL, however, the BIOS needed to run it and the SNES ROMS are ILLEGAL unless you own a SNES and a legit copy of the game.

Yarrrrr.... that's really one of those gray areas. I'm not entirely sure of the copyright text for the SNES or NES, but with the Wii, they included verbiage to disallow the use of any game on anything but "authorized hardware"... i.e. The Wii. I'll keep digging on this to find out exactly what is legal and what is not legal regarding ROMS on the older systems.

Aww, thank you. My mate has got a PS3 and he's lookin for Retro games. Do you know if you can download SNES games for the PS3??

From Nintendo Legal:

On 8/8/2011 10:52 AM, Nintendo Customer Support wrote:

Hello,

Nintendo does not support the use of emulators. In fact, software from any of our systems (also known as ROMs) downloaded from the Internet to then be played on another device via an emulator is illegal. Because the main purpose of video game emulators is to play illegal copies of games, Nintendo considers it a form of piracy. In addition, Nintendo does not grant permission to download or use ROM's legally.

For information on this topic, please go to the "Corporate" area of our web site and link to the "Legal Information" section. Here is the direct URL to this section:

| Nintendo - Corporate Information | Legal Information (Copyrights, Emulators, ROMs, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom