Small Business Server - Emails on Roaming Profiles

matt_26uk

Solid State Member
Hi all

I have Small Business Server that runs a domain. We use this server for AD and Exchange.

I want to change everyones profile to roaming profiles as people do move around the office a lot. I've done this before but never done it with Exchange intergrated with AD before. If I set up roaming profiles will there mail follow them from computer to computer by default or will I have to set this up.

Any advice helpful

Matt

Are the users currently setup with exchange accounts or pop? As long as they're set up using an exchange account (and haven't archived anything as a pst) their mail will be available.

EDIT: btw, which version of SBS and Exchange?

Thanks for the response Daeva,

Yea we are using exchange accounts not POP or IMAP and we are using SBS 2003. From your response I can assume that exchange accounts will follow them about without doing any other changes. They do use PST files to archive but I am going to move them on to there home drives (which I will set up in roaming profiles) maybe set up a group policy to set it so users cant change this.

That sounds like a pretty solid plan as long as you're backing up the users' home directories. I'm not a big fan of SBS myself, but it does fit the budget nicely.

Back
Top Bottom