Slowest Windows XP system?

SquirrelCPU

Beta member
I found this online, these people claim they put windows XP on a 20 mhz pentium 1 with 32 mb of ram.
20-megahertz-xp.png

I find many problems with this.
1. The slowest pentium 1 was 60 mhz ( a 20 mhz would be like a 80386)
2. A 20 mhz would only support only about 2-3 mb of ram.
3. The maximum hard drive supported by it would be about 1/100th the size required.
4. A computer this old would not support a CD drive.
5. When you install XP, i believe it checks to see if your computer has at least a 233 mhz pentium 2, and at least 64 mb of ram.

They just underclocked the cpu

lol 11 minute boot time for the 20Mhz! And 30 minutes for 8Mhz! Thats hilarious.
11 mins aint too shabby when the newest pc's out still take a couple minutes some times. lol its pretty pointless though, but still an achievement

It does, but I've seen in-depth guides on how to do this, so I know it's possible.

11 mins aint too shabby when the newest pc's out still take a couple minutes some times. lol its pretty pointless though, but still an achievement

well maybe if the computer is full of crap, lots of startup programs etc. But with a clean install of windows you should be able to boot into windows in under 1 minute if you have a decent computer.

hmmmmm ?

well its definately interesting but only for 1 reason.

i tried to install xp on my p 3 with 64 MB RAM and wouldnt coz it said i didnt meet the minimum spec

Back
Top Bottom