a slight problem....

Chan1321

Beta member
OK, I have encountered a problem that i have never before seen. My friends comuter is a compaq presario laptop. It is running on Windows XP. When it loads it will get to the loading screen, but then it will lag on the loading screen and restart. I restart in safe mode and the drivers load up until AGP440.sys, then it freezes and doesn't load anything else. I can't just reformat the drive because all of their papers and other schoolwork is on the hard drive. If anyone can help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

Well theres two ways of getting the files off the HDD so you can reformat it.

1) install a second HDD and install windows on it, boot off the second HDD and copy the files to it. then put them back on after you reformat.

2)install there HDD in your computer, boot off your HDD, get their files, put them to disc and then reformat their computer and copy the files from the disc.

You can also use a linux live-CD. I did this when I had a currupted HD, and I managed to get most of the files off. I recommend Knoppix, or FreeBSD live.

start the notebook , start pressing the F8 key like you are going to safe mode, only this time select vga compatability mode, it looks like your AGP driver might be causing the fault or the driver right before.

Back
Top Bottom