SharePoint Custom Form Question

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
Hey all, here's the situation.

At my work, I'm the SharePoint Admin and make all the forms and design the SharePoint. I only use the built in forms and functions though but need something custom. Here's what I need to accomplish.

Currently, we have promotional codes listed individually on a custom list. If you need a promotional code, you can go to the appropriate form and click an item to get a promotional code. You have to fill out about 8 line items per code that you retrieve. What needs to happen is that we need some way to get multiple (2-4) codes at a time. So a support agent would go to this Web Part and select how many codes they need and then fill out one form for all X codes.

I realize this may take some coding so any and all help is appreciated. I know very little C# but enough that if you were to give me an overview of what I'd need the WebPart to do, I may be able to accomplish the rest through Google searches. Just need a push in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance!

Are you running MOSS2007 or 2010? If these are on a list you could make the form into a selection and then they would be able to select. It depends how you want to do this there are about 5 different approaches. If you have them all on a list and they can select more than one then I would definately suggest a selection field where they can just select more than one when they fill out the form.

Back
Top Bottom