Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Site Team
Default SharePoint Custom Form Question

Hey all, here's the situation.

At my work, I'm the SharePoint Admin and make all the forms and design the SharePoint. I only use the built in forms and functions though but need something custom. Here's what I need to accomplish.

Currently, we have promotional codes listed individually on a custom list. If you need a promotional code, you can go to the appropriate form and click an item to get a promotional code. You have to fill out about 8 line items per code that you retrieve. What needs to happen is that we need some way to get multiple (2-4) codes at a time. So a support agent would go to this Web Part and select how many codes they need and then fill out one form for all X codes.

I realize this may take some coding so any and all help is appreciated. I know very little C# but enough that if you were to give me an overview of what I'd need the WebPart to do, I may be able to accomplish the rest through Google searches. Just need a push in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance!

Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to codeman0013 Send a message via MSN to codeman0013 Send a message via Yahoo to codeman0013 Send a message via Skype™ to codeman0013
Default Re: SharePoint Custom Form Question

Are you running MOSS2007 or 2010? If these are on a list you could make the form into a selection and then they would be able to select. It depends how you want to do this there are about 5 different approaches. If you have them all on a list and they can select more than one then I would definately suggest a selection field where they can just select more than one when they fill out the form.
Owner of Codeman's Computer Service
codeman0013 is offline   Reply With Quote