service host :local system

billozz

In Runtime
hi all the fan on my laptop runs constantly so i looked at task manager to see if any program was at high usage, i found somethng called "service host : local system" using in excess of 30% of the cpu regularl going over 50% can anyone tell me what this is and if it might be responsible?
thanks
Bill

Service host encompasses other windows services that are running on your machine, so it's normal. You can disable other apps or startup items from within task manager, and possibly run a malwarebytes scan to ensure you don't have any junk on your system.

It's possible the fan is just running because you need to clean out the vent with compressed air. I suggest downloading CoreTemp and testing your CPU for any signs of overheating if the fan consistently runs more than it used to.

also, you can go into power options in control panel, and check to see if you are on the "high Performance" profile. This will run the computer in active cooling mode. If so switch to balanced and see if the fan slows down.

thanks for the reply, is it normal for the cpu usage of service host to be upto 50%?
i dont have the option to change the power plan, and i have recently downloaded some "cleanup" items recommended by one of the usrs on this forum and deleted malaware etc

It's probably normal. The system is probably running some sort of background maintenance or something. In task manager you should be able to expand Service Host and see what processes are running under it.

On my laptop I have an option in my bios to enable or disable my fan to run constantly.

I would check your bios and see if the fan is enabled in there....hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom