school needs help stopping hackers

Lol, yeah. I suppose the younger they are the more can do it. I'm pretty sure in my whole school when I left there were only like three of us who could have done it, all in final year.

most of the kids are just doing this to prove that they can, although they don't realize it is costing me time and money to deal with their little pranks.

thank you for all the great replies everyone, very much appreciated!!
been talking to our network supplier and the way to go is BIOS passwords for all the schools in our group as well as HDD being the only boot device.

thanks again!!

If you get cables and locks the next step is to make sure the liquid nitrogen is out of reach. Squirting the cable with liquid nitrogen freezes the cable. A light tap and the cable will shatter, or lock, wich ever.

Eh, then it doesn't become a security issue. It then becomes vandalism. My school has a really strict policy, even if you just change the desktop picture you get some form of punishment. God knows what you'd get if you were found ripping out a lithium battery.

Here's what my school does.
1) Numbers the computers
2) Assign a computer to a person
3) At the end of the use mouses are flipped over to make sure mouse balls are in there
4) Desktops are checked for new wallpapers
5) If something is wrong they can track down the person who used that computer
6) Adult supervision.

get macs.

works for my school nobody knows their way around a mac its like rocket science to them. with the macs they have "assimilators" so even if anybody changes settings they just fire up the program and it brings it back to its original state. I hate it i wis hthey had PCs so i could play around with them :)

Macs is good but it may not be an option, if they were to replace their original PCs with Macs i believe that it would blow their entire budget ...

Back
Top Bottom