Rip your DVD's! Free! *UPDATED*

Ok,Since writing my last guide i have had a few complaints of it taking too long! So i continued my search for the perfect way to rip your copy righted DVD's to decent formats,all for nothing! Well i think i have struck gold this time!

First you want to download and install,​
DVD43.You have to restart your computer at this point.When DVD43 Has found your DVD(Insert it now),it will take up to a minute for the DVD to become ready for ripping,when it's finished,the smiley in your bottom right hand corner will turn green:

3-2.png

Now you should download Media Coder.After you have it installed,start the program! (If it doesnt start it self after installation).

1-3.png

*Note If you have started it,and you see nothing,it could have start it minimized,simply click on the icon in your bottom right hand corner,near your clock.

2-2.png

Once the window is up,you will see:

1-4.png

Now we need to select the DVD,So click the 'add' button,and click 'add track' in the context menu that appears,another window will appear.

7.png

Now go through the track list,and find the one that has the longest running time,this should be the movie track! If you are unsure,use a program like VLC To find which track it is.Once you have found which one it is,Select the track the movie is,and then in the chapter list,select 'whole track',and then press the Add button,and then close this window.

Now if you wish to rip this DVD to an ipod or a zune,click the extension menu at the top,and select the device you want to rip for,then a window will popup asking you do you want to change the settings,click the yes button.

If not,simply choose the various settings you want using the tabs.Once you are happy with youre settings,double check the output folder,and then click the start button!

Now it should only take 1hr for your average DVD to convert,but some dvd's may take more time,or less time.

how do i add subs?
and it doesnt work for me, theres always random shutdowns.

i think i have to extract them first. Theres no selection on the subtitles.

Back
Top Bottom