Restoring Computer

Neo2

Solid State Member
I want to restore my computer to when i first got it, cuz i had about 70GB or so and now i only have 7 and its going slower and stuff... I want to restore it back to the day i got it, i just have to much crap on it... can any1 help me plz? oh and its windows xp. I know u can but i just forgot how lol.

holy crap now i have 24 gb free cuz i did virusscan and deleted a lot of spyware and ad-ware and sht! dunno how that happened! but i still might wanna restore my computer. plz help?

there are two ways 2 do this:
1) if you made a restore point, when you 1'st got your computer you can go back to this point as long as you didn't turn off system restore.

2) do a system restore using yer system restore disks

system restore disks? well i cant do the system restore cuz my comp just started not making restore points i guess, i didnt set it to stop making restore points but... what system restore disks? :O

system restore disks meaning the windows XP disc or bulk installation disc (OS and applications) that you might have got when you bought the PC.

System restore point in windows are going to be practically useless as they don't affect the data stored on the disc.

Seems the only way you'll be able to do this is a clean format / install.

i have the Reinstillation CD for Windows XP Home but that won't restore my computer so there's nothing on it right?

when you got your computer , it should have come with installation cd's and/or restore cd's

ok, boot up computer with the cd that has the drivers on it: there should b an option to do system restore:

Back
Top Bottom