restore

dantrig

Beta member
After installing Bitcomet (torrent) on my computer, the internet would not work the next time I turned it on. I have XP home. It is the second computer on the network, and the local connection does not work either.
I get a message saying that a network cable is unplugged, or a different message that there is limited or no connectivity. I connected a laptop to the same cables, and it worked fine, so it appears that the problem is just with the computer.
I tried to do a system restore back to before I downloaded any of that stuff, but I never created any restore points. From the restore wizard, I do not see any auto restore checkpoints, I guess my computer never created any.
Is there a way to restore back to the way it was about a week ago, or is there an alternative solution?

Try reseting your router:
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your router
- Leave for 5 minutes
- Plug in modem, wait for all the status lights to come back on. Then plug in the router.

And then if that doesn't help, do an IP release and renew:
- Start
- Run
- Type cmd and press enter
- Type ipconfig /release and press enter
- Type ipconfig /renew and press enter

Hope that resolved your prob. Dantrig, by the way I just wanted to Welcome you to Computer Forums or CF for short. Glag to have you aboard.

Back
Top Bottom