Request for some IE8 information
After about a month and a half of youtube bugging me to upgrade from IE6, I have finally started to consider it.
I have tried Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari; but do not like any of them.
I am now considering upgrading to Internet Explorer 8.
However I have a few queries that I would prefer to have answered first. I would greatly appreciate any help possible.
Just to let you know, I am running XP Pro, SP2, and classic theme enabled.
(I will not deviate from using classic theme, nor use any program that does not conform the the generic operating system theme)
1. Does the installation of IE8 change the 'back' and 'forward' icons in Microsoft Explorer?
2. Can I disable tabbed browsing?
3. Can I remove the little spinning blue ring when loading pages?
4. Can I still hit 'Ctrl' + 'N' to open a new window?
5. Will I have to hit the 'Alt' key to view the toolbar, as with many other modern programs?
6. (Similar to question 1) Will the installation, in any way change the rest of the OS? - I am talking about new context menu items, different icons, etc.
7. Will any new processes be added to the startup list, and could I remove them?
Thanks in advanced to anyone who can be of any help,
And I would also like to apologise for my array of seemingly un-important questions; I am very specific about what prorgrams I install and use, and i absolutely hate changes to the windows interface. I must stick to classic theme, with '98 colours.