replacing copied version XP with licensed version of XP pro

g&e

Beta member
Recently installed a copied version of Microsoft XP Home. And have been running it for 31 days until Windows Activation period expired due to not having a relevant pass code. Can now not log on at all, without Windows Activation window appearing! I now have a licensed version of WIndows XP Pro from Uni library but cannot uninstall previous copied XP...what can I do? Please help!

One way is to reformat the hard drive, but you'd lose all your data. However this is the fastest way. Another way is to try using a recovery cd which came with your computer. A third way is to install and it will (at least should) ask if you want to upgrade the current copy of windows installed, select yes.

I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure how well the above solutions may work.

see I had that same problem with my gf computer when I redone her computer. Here what I can tell you to do is call Microsoft and tell them that I need a new key and they will ask you if this your first time installing windows on the the computer and then you say yes and they will ask you for the 11 number on the Activation screen and you tell them the 11 number licease and they will look it up and they will give you a new 11 number to unlock windows. and I hope this work for you,

Back
Top Bottom