Removed virus off of a PC with vista...no reboots after plug n play message.

Fee

Solid State Member
Removed virus off of a PC with vista...still reboots after plug n play message.

I recently got a friends Dell PC with windows vista home and ran norton 360, ad-aware and also malwarebytes to remove some "personal security" virus which was pretty bad... But now i'm receiving "DCOM Server Process Launcher Terminated Unexpectedly" and "Plug and Play service Terminated Unexpectedly" messages and vista will just reboot...Making it hard to run the scans...even in safe mode...I removed almost 300 bad files that malwarebytes came up with and now when I run any type of scan nothing more comes up...and the PC was acting fine so I returned it. It also keeps saying windows has blocked some startup programs but when I check malwarebytes is only listed...as well as windows defender not becoming active in the control panel when I go to turn it on...and windows is not letting me pick it to monitor norton like it should.

Now he's texting me saying it is receiving those errors and rebooting itself again...

Any ideas? or should I just try to reformat....

That's what I figured...just need to make sure I get everything saved off it once I get it back.

Back
Top Bottom