Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Recovery partition

Hi, I just started running my own computer shop, and sometimes when I repair someones pcs the recovery partition is lost due to being corrupted. So I have to loan their pc up with an oem disk + the auth key on their pc.

I can't offer them a disk, so I wanted to setup a recovery partition like HP one for example. So I assume someone makes software to do such, and I would like one that's not Norton Ghost as this is really pricey per pc, I'm kinda interested in finding software that is a one time purchase that can be used to setup the partition w/o software needed to get it going. I assume that doesn't exist, but if it does a point in the right direction would be nice.

Current PC:
p6x58d-prem, i7 920 (1st gen) 4.4 gighz, 6 gigs ddr 3 1600 mhz, 128 gig c300 ssd, ATI 6970
ChampMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Send a message via MSN to iSpaz
Default Re: Recovery partition

shoot the customer in the head or search ebay they have some good stuff like tht also buy a bios haker incase sombody forgets there bios password and sell pcs with a bios password tell thn wht it is thn whn they forget you can charge um XD good idea
iSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote