Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Recovery loader / OS recovery tweaking

Hi All, please ignore my ignorance here lol seems as im a IT guy its also worse!

My company i work for supplies laptops / desktops to students / customers.

As an example they are always Samsung, Toshiba or Dells.

As you will all know 99.9% of computers now have the recovery partition IE you hit F10 on boot and can recover back to factory state / install all the junk and OS that comes with the system.

My company however (im only the setup guy and not the builds guy) tweak this so they can do the following.

1) They use there company logo on the recovery page
2) They also change the image so that when it restores from the image it also loads everything back to how THEY send it out IE with office, software, all junk removed that comes with the machine etc.

my question is, how do they do this? is it some software?

i run my own self employed IT business and recovery is something i do so so often, id love to fix peoples computers this way and not have to load all the software on each time i recover the machine for a client.

Any help would be great guys, thanks in advanced also.

mr2essions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: Recovery loader / OS recovery tweaking

This is part of the OEM package. OEM's have the ability to customize such things cause they are the ones that supply the support for the laptops. As such Microsoft doesnt do the support, they are directed to your company or Samsung, Dell, or Toshiba for assistance.

Being part of the OEM and having a license to use the OEM software allows them to be able to customize these things. They have people who have created such custom images. Basically they customize Windows for that company/student/university and deploy the laptops. It can be done by small businesses, but you would have to become an Official Partner and licensed OEM distributor.
Junior777 is offline   Reply With Quote