Really annoying problems please help

WeedCali

Baseband Member
So i built my mom a new system since hers was pretty outdated. her new system consists of:
ASUS M2A74-AM Mobo
AMD Sempron 140 2.7Ghz OC'd to 2.85Ghz W/Stock cooler
Raidmax RX380K 380W PSU
1 Maxtor 160Gb IDE Master
1 Maxtor 20Gb IDE Slave
SB Audigy SE Sound Card

so i got WinXP Pro installed and i get all my updates and drivers taken care of and i noticed shes got the same problem i do on my computer. First, when you go into the shutdown menu, theres no standby option, its greyed out. Second, theres no hibernation tab in the power preferences. Third, the scrolling and window dragging is really sketchy, it scrolls in sections and not smooth at all, kinda hard to describe. and dragging windows, they skip around and its real laggy.

I tried finding help from the Microsoft website but thats nearly impossible to figure out. They wanted to charge me $59 for help!!! So since that didnt work i tried Google. i found problems similar to mine but no definite answers.

If anyone has any helpful input i would highly appreciate it and give +Rep.

THANK YOU :)

Heres whats happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRgtxqJ-zU

yeah i figured it all out. the CD that came with the mobo didnt work at all so i downloaded my drivers from ATI and that fixed the scrolling and window dragging problem. i also fixed the standby problem by going into the BIOS and changing the suspend mode settings.

Thank god ASUS has exellent documentation!

Back
Top Bottom