Ready Boost

I know how to turn it off and on. the flash drive I'm using has a light that blinks when its being accessed. and it blinks a lot, so I know ready boost is using it.
I was curious if anyone else was using it I guess. sorry for the confusion.

Actually, detox, I think the poster above you was confused. I was perfectly aware that you were not inquiring on how to turn it on/off.

But, just remember that just because it's blinking and being accessed doesn't necessarily mean it's boosting performance much. If you have ready boost on, I'm assuming it's going to access the flash drive, regardless.

just because it's blinking and being accessed doesn't necessarily mean it's boosting performance much. If you have ready boost on, I'm assuming it's going to access the flash drive, regardless.

That makes sense. thanks. I'm going to turn it off.

To be honest, here's a good way to test it: have someone that knows how to run Ready Boost enable it/disable it and then you, without knowing which is happening, run the computer normally as you would. See if you can notice a difference between the two "trials" without knowing which is happening.

Back
Top Bottom