Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Quick Two Questions

1. If I am booting from a USB drive (say WindowsToGo) how can I add/remove users on the separate OS located on the HHD of the computer?

2. If I have bcdboot on my USB drive but it has more than one partitions, how do I set it up so the drive letters don't change (currently it boots on M: and has an option to boot from L:, but if I plug the USB to another hardware setup it will always boot to M: because maybe the drive letters have changed)

This is my first time posting, thanks for any input!

001010011100101110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Quick Two Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001010011100101110 View Post
1. If I am booting from a USB drive (say WindowsToGo) how can I add/remove users on the separate OS located on the HHD of the computer?

2. If I have bcdboot on my USB drive but it has more than one partitions, how do I set it up so the drive letters don't change (currently it boots on M: and has an option to boot from L:, but if I plug the USB to another hardware setup it will always boot to M: because maybe the drive letters have changed)

This is my first time posting, thanks for any input!
1. Don't understand your question
2. If you want, you can change the drive names by going to disk utility, plugging your device and change the letter by clicking the right click on your drive and selecting the ''changing the letter'' option (I'm sorry, I don't know the exacts names because I'm running Windows in another language) and that's it.

I recommend you posting questions more clearly, it will help people understand your questions and they may help you more.

garirry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: Quick Two Questions

He wants to be able to boot off a thumb drive then go in and add or remove user accounts in the OS that is on the system.
There's a way to do it but it's a bit of a gray area as you don't know what he's up to.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote