Question About Vista Help!!!!

jano915

Baseband Member
Me and my buddy are planning on buying a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit and we wanted to make sure that if we buy only 1 copy will we both be able to use the same keycode for 2 differnt computers? Were bothin using it for our Apple bootcamp. Please we don't wanna waste 80 bucks, were in college.

Actually according to the Mircrosoft EULA( End User License Agreement) u can not install the same copy with the same product key on more than one computer. You can use the same disk on two computers but you need a different product key for each computer.

ok well not legally, but would it let us use the same key for both computers??? meaning with one cd could we get 2 computers using vista for life? pleaseeee thats my question

No because you have to activate windows and when u activate it on the other computer it will notice that it is already active on another pc so no u cant legally or illegaly. But i think talking about illegal things like this is against forum rules.

so ur telling me if u were building 2 computers you would buy 2 copies of microsoft vista?

Nope. I'd buy a copy that licenses 3 or 5 devices.

It specifically says in the EULA that its licensed to one device. Even if you could use it on multiple devices it would be for one person (not multiple people).

so ur telling me if u were building 2 computers you would buy 2 copies of microsoft vista?

Right. It's just like anything else. You need to buy a separate copy for everything/a volume license if you are using it on more than one system for yourself/company only.

Someone else mentioned it, but usually colleges get all kinds of software (AV, OS, Office) cheap and sell it to students even cheaper.

No because you have to activate windows and when u activate it on the other computer it will notice that it is already active on another pc so no u cant legally or illegaly.
You can illegally

1key=1pc
2keys=2pc's
etc

You can use the same CD key for installation, but to activate it you'll have to do other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom