Program to find missing song title and album names

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I have been getting a collection of music from a friend lately. The problem is that some of the albums have no track names. They just go as follows:

[Folder of Band or Album]
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
etc...

I'm looking for a program (preferably free), that can find and fix the meta data associated with the track names and albums. I've tried mediamonky and iTunes with no luck. All of the music has been ripped in mp3 format, as far as I can tell. Any suggestions? :whistling:

I'm sure there is a feature in Windows Media Player that does this for you sometimes. Something to do with checking media information I believe.

I can't actually check this at the moment on my work PC as there's no music on it! But I'm certain it's related to media information and/or additional information when you go into the settings (or right click the file itself)

If you right click the song in Windows Media Player, click the "Find album info" button, and you know the name of the album, you can search for the album and the song and it adds the metadata for you!

EDIT: Click the "Alt" key on the keyboard when in Windows Media Player, go into the "Tools" menu, then "Options." In the window that pops up, click the "Library" tab and you'll see the settings there.

Last edited:
This might help if all else failed. It's a lyrics site but you can type in the artist and it'll come up with the albums with the song lists, usually in proper order.

Whoops, gotta post the link. Duh. :)

http://www.azlyrics.com/

Back
Top Bottom