Which processor is better?

dependonme

Beta member
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ Quad Core Processor + Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600M

5th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U Dual Core Processor + 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 840M Graphics

which is better for my HP envy15?

Well the first one is more performance oriented (better for gaming). That's the top of the line laptop chip right now if I'm not mistaken. The second is geared towards energy savings but still offers good performance though nowhere near what the first chip offers. The U series are Intel's low power series. The second chip uses roughly half the power the first chip does.

So it depends what you are using your computer for. Gaming? Go with the first chip but get a laptop with a standalone graphics card. For everything else go with the second.

The first one uses the main memory, not that with that kind of CPU horsepower it would really matter. But as great and wonderful as the Intel graphics are they will not replace an independent graphics system like the 840M.
If you want to some gaming go with the second one. If not go with the first one.

Back
Top Bottom