Problems With RAID

showcivic17

Baseband Member
ok, the onlly problem i'm having is.....

I'm trying to install windows on a new computer i got. both my HDD's are installed in the RAID slot. my MoBo manual says it is required to make a raid drivers disk to install windows and that windows will prompt me to press f6 when i need to install the drivers.

well it DOES prompt me to press f6, but when i do nothing happens, windows jus keeps loading and then later on windows says "we do not detect any HDD's in your system" WELL DUH! u didnt let me install the drivers.

why isnt f6 doing anything? is there any other way to install drivers or any other button i could use?

i doubt its because my f6 button is broken hehe. well thanks in advance, im really bored and i think that this is the last problem after like 4 other issues i had makin this ssystem. peace out happy holidays

First off, these are SATA hard drives you're working with? If so, then probably whats happening is ... even though you are pressing F6, you might not be timing it right. The following might clear it up for you.

Ok ... as soon as Windows changes from the black screen to the Windows Setup blue screen just as you said it will prompt you to press F6. Honestly ... as soon as it asks you to do so, you have to keep tapping it for awhile. Nothing exciting happens ... it will appear to continue loading (this is the reason you need to keep tapping ... to make sure that you did tell it that you needed to install 3rd party drivers). Then after a short period of time (30 seconds? Havent actually timed it) it should come up asking you to press the letter "S" to insert a diskette with the drivers -OR- enter to forget about it and continue on. It will look like 2 paragraphs of dialog ... but you basically press "S" and put the driver diskette in and then load the drivers for XP (assuming this is the OS you're loading). Once the drivers are loaded, it will come back to the same screen asking you to press "S" or Enter to continue. Now you hit enter and continue on just as you would on a normal installation. Should find those drives after doing these steps. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom