Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Problems installing 64 bit OS

Well i bought an Intel Xeon dual core 3.0 GHz computer for my business, and decided that i was going to install the operating system myself(ive done it before, why not again?). So i downloaded a fresh copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition SP2. Once i had it downloaded i mounted it on a CD (with a proper ISO burner) and went to install the operating system on the computer. I put the CD in and everything goes great (the Key even worked!), until the installation finished and the computer rebooted; So the computer was loading the Windows Server 2003 OS and it was going all good, until the screen just cut out....
It said:
So i turned it back on, and it says:
I proceed to check the video cable and it is just fine, right where it should be. I then Proceeded to check the monitor power settings. So i booted up in safe mode and that worked (Thank the lord) and changed the monitor power settings to "Always". So i reboot and the same thing happens as before

Now i am convinced it is a hardware problem.... Anyone got any ideas to what i did wrong? I think that the problem might be the video card, but i ran a hardware check and all the hardware is in perfect condition (duh, its brand new).

BTW a 32 bit operating system was previously installed on the computer, but since it is intel xeon technology it does not matter what number bit the OS is using.
Th3On3 is offline   Reply With Quote