Problems installing 64 bit OS

Th3On31

Beta member
Ok,

Well i bought an Intel Xeon dual core 3.0 GHz computer for my business, and decided that i was going to install the operating system myself(ive done it before, why not again?). So i downloaded a fresh copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition SP2. Once i had it downloaded i mounted it on a CD (with a proper ISO burner) and went to install the operating system on the computer. I put the CD in and everything goes great (the Key even worked!), until the installation finished and the computer rebooted; So the computer was loading the Windows Server 2003 OS and it was going all good, until the screen just cut out....
It said:
STANDBY MODE
So i turned it back on, and it says:
CHECK VIDEO CABLE
I proceed to check the video cable and it is just fine, right where it should be. I then Proceeded to check the monitor power settings. So i booted up in safe mode and that worked (Thank the lord) and changed the monitor power settings to "Always". So i reboot and the same thing happens as before

Now i am convinced it is a hardware problem.... Anyone got any ideas to what i did wrong? I think that the problem might be the video card, but i ran a hardware check and all the hardware is in perfect condition (duh, its brand new).

BTW a 32 bit operating system was previously installed on the computer, but since it is intel xeon technology it does not matter what number bit the OS is using.

Back
Top Bottom