Problems with designating a new "my games" folder, and slower boot speeds

Stickgore

Baseband Member
Hello. I just built this computer back in February and I have an SSD with my windows on it. Once I realized how big my documents folder was, I moved it to my HDD. It seems the "my games" folder has been messed up and now all my game saves and stuff that used to go to my documents then my games now just plunks itself into the main HDD folder.

How can I designate a My games folder to stop this?

Also another problem is that my pc seems to take longer to boot now, it goes to the screen almost fully loaded, with the shining windows logo and stays there for a bit. I timed my boot and it was 55 seconds, which is much more than before considering I have a SSD. Could moving my documents have done this?

Re: Problems with designating a new "my games" folder, and slower boot speeds

IT would have probably been better to move the files and folders instead your My Documents folder and left the actual folder where it was (just with nothing in it). I don't know how Windows will act without that folder there. Maybe try putting it back and just moving the files out of it.

Re: Problems with designating a new "my games" folder, and slower boot speeds

How did you move the folder? If you used windows to move it via it's locations property then you should be fine and all the links would work without slow down. If you just manually copied and pasted everything over then that could be the cause of your problem.

Back
Top Bottom