Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Problem with Win 7

My lappie had Win 7 (Home Basic)as its OS....

Now yesterday while manually deleting a few antivirus files, I think I deleted some system files, as a result of which my OS is not starting properly, the screen with "starting Windows" with Windows 7 logo bleaming on top of it is appearing and my pc is halting at that point....It is not starting up normally.

There's a System Recovery Tool installed on my lappie but it was unable to repair it automatically. So Windows failed to startup on its own....In that recovery tool I noticed an option called Load Drivers - it had all the drivers showing 'Setup Information'....

Now what should I do? Should I download Win 7 and boot from the CD hoping that all the missing files etc etc would be installed automatically - or is there any way by loading some drivers from the SYs 32 folder? As to my prob - what should be the drivers that I should install? Or is there any other way by Comand Prompt?

Pls help - any methods without formatting the entire HD and re-installing another OS will be gleefully accepted, thanks...

Soumikbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Problem with Win 7

Yeah try getting a fresh copy of windows and pick the repair option. that should do it oh and boot with the CD so you can do it in DOS.

dayhoffsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Baseband Member

or you can go into the BIOS, make sure that D2D recovery is on, and find the combination to hit when your computer is coming on. http://google.com is your friend :3
123386761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayhoffsworld View Post
Yeah try getting a fresh copy of windows and pick the repair option. that should do it oh and boot with the CD so you can do it in DOS.
There is no DOS in Windows 7. You mean the command console? They ARE different...
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote