Problem with the "secure access vault" on a new sandisk flash drive I recently bought

alucard10

Baseband Member
Problem with the "secure access vault" on a new sandisk flash drive I recently bought

Problem with the "secure access vault" on a new sandisk flash drive I recently bought. (A 64gb sandisk usb flash drive)

I bought it a few days ago ,but its not a new model ,its the same kind i've always bought.

Right from the get-go the "secure access vault" would not launch, I didn't even get the chance to set it up or choose a password.

The first time I clicked the vault to set it up a problem occurred ,it would not work ,instead a message pops up saying "F:\SanDiskSecureAccessV3.1_win.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Is this a dud flashdrive or did they change it to where you have to download stuff for it to work? or you have to have a newer windows or something? I tried deleting it and re-downloading it from the sandisk site but that did not help.

P.S.
If I go out and buy another one do you guys think it will work or will this problem happen again? Is this a fluke? or did they make changes to the newer flash drives coming out of the factories?

Ive allways liked sandisk flash drives because they come with the "secure access vault" pre instaled. why is it not working on this new one?

Last edited:
Re: Problem with the "secure access vault" on a new sandisk flash drive I recently bo

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm

Most likely you have a 32-bit version of Windows and are trying to run a 64-bit program.

I kinda thought this also.

If this is the case then it means sandisk has changed something about there newer flash drives coming out of their factories nowadays.

Because I have always used these same computers with the "secure access vault".

Oh well I guess I can just use it as a regular flash drive until I learn to fix the problem or until I get a 64-bit laptop.

P.S.
Is there any source that can confirm that sandisk has recently changed their "secure access vault" to 64-bit only?

Re: Problem with the "secure access vault" on a new sandisk flash drive I recently bo

I don't think that's possible. I've found some methods online using Hex editors but they aren't working for me.

By the way, for encrypted storage I'd use VeraCrypt. It has many advanced features and the strongest encryption methods (and combinations) available for the general population. I always use this.

Update:

I tryed one of the new flash drives on a windows 7 laptop and the "secure access vault" worked. I was able the set up a password and averything.

Both the computers I used at first that did not work with the vault were windows XP but they may also be 32 bit.

I still don't know if its because the newer version of the secure access vault doesn't work with windows XP any more or if its because it doesn't work with 32 bit computers anymore?

Interesting. Are there any 32bit windows 7 computers you have lying around?

I just got rid of my 32 bit w7. I would have given it to you otherwise. It was Home premium.

Back
Top Bottom