A Problem! (please read)!

stefan777

Solid State Member
have WIndows xp Home Edition installed.
i manully configred it becuase when i put automaticly it says limted or no connection. anyway i configred it and it says connected
but when i go on the internet it says im not. do u guys think its becuase
i activated windows and i used a allilegal editon of windows 98 to install windows ME ??? or u think i needed to comfigure submask and my dafault gateway?? or is it something else. i think its i activated windows it was working fine when i dident activate it. and when i activated it it most used the internet to figure out that i used a allligal copy of windows 95 to install windows ME i dont know what do u guys think please help me!.

and i also heard people has problems with the internet once they upgrade to Service Pack 2 i did upgrade to service pack 2. and just incase thats the problem can anyone tell me how to make it back to service pack 1 or just fix the problem?

it wouldn't detect you have an illegal copy of windows just by connecting to the internet.

anyone know how to make it back to service pack 1 or fix it

because i have service pack 2

Any suggestions or ideas? They will all be appreciated.

yes i did it agian and i dont have a dafault gateway
and its not working still
i know whats the problem but how i fix it
its service pack 2 bug.

What kind of connection have you got?

If its a modem, check to see if your modem is 'speaking' to your computer. Do this by going to My computer (right click it) properties/device manager/modem (right click it)/diagnostics and click the 'query modem button. If not, reinstall it, if so check your firewall is not blocking its connection.

If its a server or cable connection (along that line), you mentioned that you configured it already. Double check them and make sure that your firewall settings are accepting the connection. I had a similar problem once.

By the way, as mentioned by others before, all computers react differently to the SP's, so it all depends on the computer.

And also accidently or purposely using an illegal copy of windows will not affect the performance of a modem. The only things that such a copy will do, is that all capabilities may not be there and performance may not be there either.

By the way, as mentioned by others before, all computers react differently to the SP's, so it all depends on the computer.

And also accidently or purposely using an illegal copy of windows will not affect the performance of a modem. The only things that such a copy will do, is that all capabilities may not be there and performance may not be there either.

Is it hardwired or wireless. Because that mesage is a default message from a wireless computer. That switch you gave is not wireless.

Back
Top Bottom