Printer page counter

herbycanopy

Baseband Member
Aloha, does anyone know if there are any free programs that can keep track of pages a printer prints? It seems like I am going though ink really fast and would like some way of tracking this.

After doing a quick search on the Internet, I have not found anything.

I would suggest just setting up a simple Notepad document, or doing a tally somewhere.

There are to many people that use the printer and they would not keep tally. The only way that that would work is if I watched over the printer all day long or made it so that only I could print things and both of those ideas are not sounding very good.

What a lot of people do is keep a toner/ink log on a piece of paper near the machine. What you do is write down the total page count and the date every time toner/ink is replaced. That way you can figure out how many pages you get per toner/ink cartridge. You can lock up or hide the toner/ink cartridges and put a note on the printer telling the other users to see you when the toner/ink needs to be replaced. That way you can be sure the log is updated every time the cartridge is replaced.

some printers have a builtin page counter, I coulnd't find any good freeware programs, Print Manager Plus from softwareshelf is a good soultion but may be too expensive for your needs

Back
Top Bottom