power off issues

frank55

In Runtime
Hi guys; i have 2 Lenovo thinkcenter M 71 series with Ati 6450 card and i run win 10 .
one of the runs great without issues,and the other one runs fine but it wont shutt down when i click shutdown ,the monitor turns off but tower light and fan keeps running,the only way to turn off completly is to press power buttom on the machine,.but it only happens with win 10, with Ubuntu installed it shutts of right.
I've downloaded lenovo test tool ,and tested hardware and came up with everything ok.
i hate to go back to linux,i would apreciat your help, thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with W10 at all since I have never used it, but I found this after searching for a solution to your issue. I don't even know if this will solve your problem, but it's worth a shot. After reading that people were having shut down issues after upgrading to W10 from W8 or 8.1....I hope this can help.

Fix: Laptop Won't Shutdown in Windows 10

The link that mr mixx posted sounds like it should do the trick. If not, I would suggest that, provided you upgraded to Win 10 on the laptop, you try a clean install of Win 10. There's entirely too many things that can foul up during an upgrade and doing a clean install is a much better way of moving from one OS to another.

The link that mr mixx posted sounds like it should do the trick. If not, I would suggest that, provided you upgraded to Win 10 on the laptop, you try a clean install of Win 10. There's entirely too many things that can foul up during an upgrade and doing a clean install is a much better way of moving from one OS to another.

Thanks strollin; i did a few re-installs and tried a few suggested instructions and nothing has worked,even Burned another Iso to a CD,well i'm back on Ubuntu 14.04LTS where i should never left,cause i had this issue before and since also gave a try to Ubuntu 15.10 beta,which was horrendous,i don't know how these people can use such bad beta Distro on day to day use,i understand Ubuntu testers have to use it to test beta versions, but if you are a normal user don't even try it cause you will be disappointed, always use LTS versions,

since i had made another CD with new Win 10 ISO so i went ahead gave it a try with win 10 in this machine and no avail,still not shut off,i think is a win 10 software issue for this lenovo desktop,i have another similar Lenovo Thinkcenter M series but it's M81,Hard drive and Win 10 installed on the M81 works on M71 but the shut down issue appears again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom