Possible For Complete Black/White Screen?

I am having a hard time finding out if it is possible to make my entire laptop screen (everything including in gaming or full screen programs) black and white? or I think it is called "full gray scale"?

I have a integrated Generic PnP Monitor / Intel HD Graphics card or chip in my laptop and I have tried searching on google but of course people are usually looking to do the complete opposite... I enjoy simplicity very much and enjoy looking at things from a pure black and white perspective.

I have already tried some suggestions like setting my laptop to high contrast but the only thing it would do is make my windows and background black and white... Not any of the details nor information within my browsers or programs

Not sure if this is helpful information but there is a color management allowing different .icc? i believe profiles and when i remove them it does indeed change some of my color but does not remove the color completely. There is also an add/remove to add what i assume is custom profiles? At this point I am truly clueless if this is what I really am looking for in terms of what settings I need or need to go to.

If anyone can help me better understand or even help me with this issue entirely even if it might require modded programs or just a program I do not have yet, I would be very thankful.

manufacturer: toshiba
ram 4gb
model: l655 -s5150

Last edited:
i just checked my "Intels Graphics and media" control panel. there is an option to dis-increase the color saturation.
if you don't see the option, try to update it.
are you guys using a different control panel?

i just checked my "Intels Graphics and media" control panel. there is an option to dis-increase the color saturation.
if you don't see the option, try to update it.
are you guys using a different control panel?

he must also have the same as he has intel hd graphics card onboard.. but he tried this thing i think..

I do not have such an option... least I am pretty sure I don't. I do not have a graphic and media icon in my toolbar icons and i tried the ctrl alt f12 and nothing happened. Tried the resolution and adv settings but it only brought me back to the color management with no options for color editing.. only to choose different icc profiles. Ty for trying though

Not much help to you Artificial Intelligence but this is possible if your PC has an ATI/AMD GPU and CCC (Catalyst Control Center) set saturation to 0.

35_zps245cca66.png

I do not have such an option... least I am pretty sure I don't. I do not have a graphic and media icon in my toolbar icons and i tried the ctrl alt f12 and nothing happened. Tried the resolution and adv settings but it only brought me back to the color management with no options for color editing.. only to choose different icc profiles. Ty for trying though

if u have intel hd graphics onboard then u must have installed intel graphics driver.. that's the control panel for it..

yeah, as Deepesh stated, you need to actually have a controlpanel installed in order to do it.
there are different panels out there, it depends on your GPU. you have not stated that you have any AMD/Nvidia GPU in it.
so i imagine that you need Intels control Penal. try rightklik on the desktop to check if there is anything called graphic option in the dropdown menu. if not i don't think you have it installed. there are no icon placed on the desktop when you install Intels control panel.
you need to access it via windows control panel, the .EXE or the dropdown menu i was talking about.
in case you are wondering what Intels control panel looks like, then here: http://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-136163-219204/Clipboard01.jpg

on that image you can also see the option we are talking about, the color saturation.

in case you have AMD, take a look at wildcat's post, if Nvidia then you need to disincrease the color vibration.
take a look at this image if you have nvidia: http://home.comcast.net/~bkr2879/NV.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom