plz help windows 10 hanging and slow

fawadgul7

Beta member
plz help me i hv installed Windows 10 pro version but its too slow uses too much ram and hangs alot help me to make it smooth its DELL LAPTOP hv 2gb ram

For starters you're going to need more than 2GB of RAM to run windows 10 smoothly. You should really have at least 4 GB.

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your system, which you can download and install from the Dell website by entering your serial number. I'd start by ensuring your video driver is up to date.

Disable any unnecessary startup items via the "Startup" tab in Task Manager.

Provide more backstory and your complete system specs for more suggestions.

Well first thing is that 2 Gb of RAM is a very small amount in todays computing world. I would suggest that you upgrade that to 4Gb and more if you can. I don't know how old your computer is. It may not be compatible for Windows 10. The only other thing I can suggest is, assuming you did the upgrade, try backing up your personal files and then do a clean install of Windows 10 using the Windows 10 media tool from here:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Be aware though if you go down the media creation route you will lose all your personal files unless you back them up and you will need to reinstall all your programs.

Personally in view of crazyman's post, which is not in any way wrong, but I wouldn't be faffing around initially, assuming you did the upgrade. Do a clean install and then think about the other stuff. Thre have been problems with some drivers especially graphics drivers but you could end up spending hours and hours trying to find out what driver (if any) is causingthe problem. A clean install might just sort it relatively quickly.

Last edited:
For starters you're going to need more than 2GB of RAM to run windows 10 smoothly. You should really have at least 4 GB.

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your system, which you can download and install from the Dell website by entering your serial number. I'd start by ensuring your video driver is up to date.

Disable any unnecessary startup items via the "Startup" tab in Task Manager.

Provide more backstory and your complete system specs for more suggestions.
thanks for information bro now what should i do may to roll back to window 8

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Well first thing is that 2 Gb of RAM is a very small amount in todays computing world. I would suggest that you upgrade that to 4Gb and more if you can. I don't know how old your computer is. It may not be compatible for Windows 10. The only other thing I can suggest is, assuming you did the upgrade, try backing up your personal files and then do a clean install of Windows 10 using the Windows 10 media tool from here:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Be aware though if you go down the media creation route you will lose all your personal files unless you back them up and you will need to reinstall all your programs.

Personally in view of crazyman's post, which is not in any way wrong, but I wouldn't be faffing around initially, assuming you did the upgrade. Do a clean install and then think about the other stuff. Thre have been problems with some drivers especially graphics drivers but you could end up spending hours and hours trying to find out what driver (if any) is causingthe problem. A clean install might just sort it relatively quickly.
thanks for rep bro i will giv more details about my laptop tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom