PLEASE help me !

bambamjr

Solid State Member
so i'm building a gaming computer and i need verification and reviews on my build because it's my first time doing this and i wanna make sure before i spend my money everything is compatible and well chosen. i would REALLY appreciate it ! so this is my build.

Core-i5-3570K-Quad-Core-Processor

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti WINDFORCE 2X OC Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 2x DVI / HDMI / DP SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards GV-N66TOC-2GD

P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-Intel-Motherboard

8GB Samsung DDR3 1600MHz RAM

500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive

case Maelstrom-Full-Tower-11-Bay

Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply
by Corsair

Molex Adapter (not sure if i need this)

THX FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME ! greatly appreciated if you do. =)

i don't see anything wrong with this build.
however, i will warn you that the 700 series of Nvidia's GTX cards and the forth generation of Intel CPU's is right around the corner.
you might want to wait just a little bit before buying anything.

i don't see anything wrong with this build.
however, i will warn you that the 700 series of Nvidia's GTX cards and the forth generation of Intel CPU's is right around the corner.
you might want to wait just a little bit before buying anything.

how long would i have to wait and also wouldn't i pretty much have to buy a different mother board for it to be compatible with gen 4 graphics cards ? if so or you know a mother board that will be compatible plz do so tell me the name of it

or tell me the vital pieces i would need that would be able to run gen 4 games in the future no problem like me trying to have this pc built to run arma 3 and bf4 when out.

and thx for replying man i do appreciate it

the first 2 Graphic cards with Nvidias Kepler GPU is already out. the GTX Titan and the 780.
i'll guess that the 770 (the one i am waiting for) is gonna launch in a week or 2.
the 760 is properly first gonna be late next month.

the "K" versions of the next generation Core i5 and i7 is gonna be released next month.
You are gonna have to choose another motherboard, because the forth gen is gonna support a new socket. the LGA 1150

the first 2 Graphic cards with Nvidias Kepler GPU is already out. the GTX Titan and the 780.
i'll guess that the 770 (the one i am waiting for) is gonna launch in a week or 2.
the 760 is properly first gonna be late next month.

the "K" versions of the next generation Core i5 and i7 is gonna be released next month.
You are gonna have to choose another motherboard, because the forth gen is gonna support a new socket. the LGA 1150

Can you tell me a mother board i can buy for this socket and does gen 4 motheroard support both gen 4 n gen 3 graphics cards?
also i forgot to ask if the full tower is overkill would a mid tower do it or i need it since gen 4 graphics cards might be huge?

I think you are a little confused when brands name their products something with "generation"
there are no such thing as gen 3 or gen 4 graphic cards. it's split up in series rather then generations.
the "Gen" on your chosen boards name is just like "Rampage" in their enthusiast lineup. like Rampage 2, Rampage 3, Rampage 4.
Rampage 4 is their forth board in their enthusiast class. not like the the Rampage 4 board necessarily has to be a generation better then Rampage 3. infact Rampage 2 and 3 were very similar and supported the same CPU's.

A 700 series GPU from Nvidia will still work with an older Core i7 first Gen. (the Core i7-900 and 800 lineup)

i can't tell you what 1150 motherboard to buy because they are also not released yet.

you will be able to fit it all in a mid tower case. the X60 card (X = series. like 600. GTX 660) has always been smaller then the X70 and X80.
also Nvidia don't want to break the standards for graphic cards by making them unsupported by a great number of cases out there.
that would be a bad idea.

Last edited:
I'd hold off jumping right on that 4 gen CPU bandwagon. I've being reading where for now it's shipping to designers and testers. Really depends on what articles you read. A good rule of thumb is not to buy in to first year production models. Give others time to be the guinea pigs.

I'd hold off jumping right on that 4 gen CPU bandwagon. I've being reading where for now it's shipping to designers and testers. Really depends on what articles you read. A good rule of thumb is not to buy in to first year production models. Give others time to be the guinea pigs.

i adjusted my build but i looked up the mages of the parts and it doesnt look like the cpu i picked for my mother board fits or is a match so can you please tell me what cpu goes for my motherboard thats good and you can pick between both icore 5 and 7 this is my updated build:

windows 7 home premium

dvd lite-on

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 3072MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI Graphics Card 03G-P4-2666-KR

COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker SGC-5000W-KWN1 Black and White Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

by Corsair

Cooler Master V6 GT - CPU Cooler with Two 120mm PWM Fans and 6 Heat Pipes (RR-V6GT-22PK-R1)

please take a thorough look if you have the time because its my first time building a computer i dont wanna waste money by buying stuff that wont end up being compatible =(

I think you are a little confused when brands name their products something with "generation"
there are no such thing as gen 3 or gen 4 graphic cards. it's split up in series rather then generations.
the "Gen" on your chosen boards name is just like "Rampage" in their enthusiast lineup. like Rampage 2, Rampage 3, Rampage 4.
Rampage 4 is their forth board in their enthusiast class. not like the the Rampage 4 board necessarily has to be a generation better then Rampage 3. infact Rampage 2 and 3 were very similar and supported the same CPU's.

A 700 series GPU from Nvidia will still work with an older Core i7 first Gen. (the Core i7-900 and 800 lineup)

i can't tell you what 1150 motherboard to buy because they are also not released yet.

you will be able to fit it all in a mid tower case. the X60 card (X = series. like 600. GTX 660) has always been smaller then the X70 and X80.
also Nvidia don't want to break the standards for graphic cards by making them unsupported by a great number of cases out there.
that would be a bad idea.

i adjusted my build but i looked up the mages of the parts and it doesnt look like the cpu i picked for my mother board fits or is a match so can you please tell me what cpu goes for my motherboard thats good and you can pick between both icore 5 and 7 this is my updated build:

windows 7 home premium

dvd lite-on

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 3072MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI Graphics Card 03G-P4-2666-KR

COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker SGC-5000W-KWN1 Black and White Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

by Corsair

Cooler Master V6 GT - CPU Cooler with Two 120mm PWM Fans and 6 Heat Pipes (RR-V6GT-22PK-R1)

please take a thorough look if you have the time because its my first time building a computer i dont wanna waste money by buying stuff that wont end up being compatible =(

that CPU is compatible with your chosen motherboard.
Note that you have degraded your choice of Graphic card.

everything is compatible.

Back
Top Bottom