Please Help Me!!!

the thing that happened was, was that I deleted a partition on the HD that had XP and that basically messed it up, haha! I'm probably just going to have to get a new computer

Well theirs your problem with the original hard drive. If you deleted the partition that had windows XP on it the system doesnt have an operating system to boot to.

If I was you I would put back the hdd in the original computer it came with.

Load into the BIOS. Change boot sequence. 1.)cdrom 2.) hdd 3.) network etc...

let it boot from the windows xp cd. Create a new partiton or use the entire drive. (your options) then let it reinstall the OS. Also, that hdd might have other partitons already on that drive from the manufacture such as diagnostics (special tools to recover unit) if so, the windows xp cd will detect any other partitions that reside on the drive.

You don't need to buy a new computer in this case. Your issue is very simple and basic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as crappy screen resolution (blame the drivers missing from the graphics card) & sound not working (blame the drivers missing for your soundcard) drivers run the hardware if you dont have them they are not working properly. ;)

. Best advice i've read so far in this whole thread is from dude se and moderator lhuser.

Well theirs your problem with the original hard drive. If you deleted the partition that had windows XP on it the system doesnt have an operating system to boot to.

If I was you I would put back the hdd in the original computer it came with.

Load into the BIOS. Change boot sequence. 1.)cdrom 2.) hdd 3.) network etc...

let it boot from the windows xp cd. Create a new partiton or use the entire drive. (your options) then let it reinstall the OS. Also, that hdd might have other partitons already on that drive from the manufacture such as diagnostics (special tools to recover unit) if so, the windows xp cd will detect any other partitions that reside on the drive.

You don't need to buy a new computer in this case. Your issue is very simple and basic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as crappy screen resolution (blame the drivers missing from the graphics card) & sound not working (blame the drivers missing for your soundcard) drivers run the hardware if you dont have them they are not working properly. ;)

. Best advice i've read so far in this whole thread is from dude se and moderator lhuser.
lol thanks. youve said some good things there.
theres no point trying to get ME all set up when you can have xp running again in no time. its pretty simple

Yea but the thing is, is that I bought this computer from a friend and he didn't give me any of the discs, otherwise I'd laugh it off and just reinstall but uh... that aint happenin, haha! It's an HP Pavilion a610n if I said that before and I'm sure all I need are the drivers for VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP, which are basically it's graphics, but those aren't compatible with Windows ME so I basically got slapped in the face, haha! Is there a way I can just use openGL as my display driver?

Alright I'm downloading Ubuntu and I'm going to try and install it on my harddrive, do you think my computer can handle it? Like will it actually run decent, haha!? From what I've seen I meet the requirements. My computer is a simple HP Pavilion a610n so hopefully it will work out fine, if not, Let me know! :cool:

will it actually run decent, haha!? From what I've seen I meet the requirements.

Heres a trick of the trade. Check out the system requirements, then times it (x) by 3. Don't just meet the system requirements, :)

haha! Well I already got it installed and it runs fine for me :)! Thanks for the support peeps, thank god for ubuntu!

i would take it to your local computer (this has happened to me befor) they will use a program called GHOST, what it does is takes all the crusial parts from one clean and well working comp (which they have set aside) and puts it on the other computers HD without losing all your data.

It works miricals that program, thank the lord for the guy that invented it.

Back
Top Bottom