Please Help Me!!!

Gamedemon360

Solid State Member
Alright it's a little messed up but uh... I accidentally deleted something off of my harddrive to make my XP not able to boot anymore, so I took the hard drive out of my old @SS computer and put it into my HP Pavilion a610n. This harddrive has Windows ME as it's OS and it works fine, except uh... It displays in 640xsomething small resolution and doesn't play sound, haha! It used to be able to do higher resolutions on this monitor and play sound on it's original computer and I don't know where to get drivers or if it is even possible to make this OS compatible with this computer, as in fully functional with a decent resolution and sound. Any tips or help?

are you able to plug 2 hdd's into your pc? if so you can get all your data back, then format the original hdd and re install xp

Yea I would get the drivers back but uh... it was designed for XP and that's all HP knows, haha! And it's pretty sad running ME right now but I'm sure I will figure something out. And yes I can have two harddrives in but it's weird cuz the first time it worked but the second time it didn't so... the thing that happened was, was that I deleted a partition on the HD that had XP and that basically messed it up, haha! I'm probably just going to have to get a new computer :(!

New Computer!?!?

If you deleted the XP Partition, then why don't you go get a *nix Distro or at LEAST another copy of XP.

If you download the drivers for ME, it should work though....

-Sam

Don't biy a comp, just update the drivers under device manager you should have about 5 yellow exclamation marks next to them.

I know i've tried but this computer wasn't designed for ME, it actually crashes sometimes, haha! The saddest part is, is that it only displays 16 colors! :( its sucks but I've already ran microsoft update and I've gotten everything from there and now I'm just looking for other drivers...

What exactly happens with the XP installation, you can probably sort the XP installation out if you tell us the problems you were having with it in the first place.

i still think you should save all your data and wipe them all clean and start again with the xp setup

Back
Top Bottom