Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Please help! Hp pavilion 23 all-in-one

Our HP Pavilion 23-b231 computer is having many problems. It started off where every few times you would boot up you'd get a black screen error about no hard disk detected. That was random here and there until one day happened for good and wouldn't come on at all. So I got a new hard drive and HP recovery discs and the problem fixed for about 2 weeks. Then it randomly started again. Instead of full reformatting the hard drive I was able to run recovery. I had to do this a couple times a week or two. Now I get my computer on, it starts to boot, how's the HP logo but no skinny dotted circle at the bottom. It stays black and I have to unplug and try again. Finally when I get it to boot, the log in screen comes on, it either goes to a black screen like its on desktop but won't show anything, or it will show my apps page or whatever it is and when I click the desktop square at the bottom it will go to that all black screen in desktop. From there the only thing that I can do is CTRL ALT delete and the menu popsup for that as usual. I goto end task and I can see everything, and get into a directory and run some programs from there but no desktop, or icons or anything from origional desktop will appear. Then I try to reboot again, randomly once in a while I'll get it all working right, well few minutes after that I get an all blue screen saying some error with a funny smiley/frownie face.

How do I fix this computer once and for all? It seems like once it broke once it keepson breaking in the same and/or different ways...

I updated gthe big and it still seems to do it, is there a little e monitoring program Ican run that detects and finds errors as they are happening or something? I ddon't know what to do? I've never seen a computer fail this much. Even updated to 8.1 it black screened and I had to reformat. Someone please help!

Robles4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: Please help! Hp pavilion 23 all-in-one

if you are still in your warranty period, you prolly should raise holy hell with hp. I don't have a good working knowledge of the insides of a computer but it sounds as if you have a hardware problem. Maybe someone with better knowledge could help you take this case further. good luck

radome is offline   Reply With Quote