Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz
Default Pirated Windows XP....

I have a reformatted hdd and have my cd rom to boot first and when I try booting up my pirated XP it won't boot it, I just get some error message saying NTLDR missing and I dunno what that means, but I'm hoping it's not a hdd problem and it's cuz the windows cd is just messed up or something. I'm thinking of buying Windows XP Home if this is the case, but I wanna be sure this isn't hardware related first.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Pirated Windows XP....

lol. dont even bother. get the real version and have no problems. plus, i heard that microsoft is going to start really tracking down on the pirated versions, with some bad consequences so i suggest u just go out and spend $100 and get the real version.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

I wish it was 100, home is 200 and pro is 300.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

lol. i was thinking the update. ur right. but still, i say its worth it man. no more trouble. pirated might be free or cheap but u have frekain annoying issues.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to crazyjoe16 Send a message via MSN to crazyjoe16 Send a message via Yahoo to crazyjoe16

i've never had any issues...
crazyjoe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #6
In Runtime

when it displays the network loader or "ntldr" missing error it means your bootdisk is bad or you have an invalid bootdisk in your floppy... have you check to make sure you dont have a floppy in your fdd?? id check that first i bet you have your XP cd in and a floppy in your fdd thats trying to boot that is unable to.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Nope no floppy in the fdd.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #8
Daemon Poster

Don't be too quick to blame the pirated cd. I've used pirated versions of XP Home and Pro and they worked pretty good for me, for a Windows OS at least=) Anyway, I've heard that certain versions of pirated Windows is better than the original cos they block stuff like Automatic updating and certain ports that MS can use to get stuff about your PC. The pirated version of Windows i used had auto update completely disabled.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:38 AM   #9
Solid State Member

Heres how you solve that problem.
If you receive the "NTLDR is missing" message, boot to a Windows XP CD, then press "R" to enter the Recovery Console. Copy X:i386NTLDR & X:NTDETECT.COM (Where X is your CD drive) to C:

Reboot
Dr Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Techy Geek

you can save some money, by buying the upgrade, it should install on a blank HD, at some point in the intstall it should ask you to insert an old windows CD (not a recovery disk), and it should install fine
PS im not responsible if this doesnt work and is a complete waste of money, thats what i read in "upgrading and fixing PC's for dummies" (my bible of computing), i hope to god (for your and my sake) that Andy Rathbone is right. It should e fine though
PPS, THIS IS LEGAL, IF ADVERTISED IN A WELL KNOWN BOOK IT SHOULD SURELY BE LEGAL, RIGHT ?????

Possibly a Mac Convert
Techy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote