Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Pictures chnaged to smaller size (thumbnail)

I have windows 7

How is it possible when i transfered my picture everything was okay full sized and everything 1440x1920, and next time i watched my pictures, they were all smaller, like little thumbnails 480x320. please help i want to know what causes the problem because i cant change the picture back to its original size

Thanx in advance and srry my bad english

example this picture was before 1440x1920

now it changed to like that. even i havent resized it or anything

Shuixpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Beta Member

Default Re: Pictures chnaged to smaller size (thumbnail)

Is it possible that Any1 cant help me:/?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

you sure you are transferring the correct files?
Some mobile cameras save a copy of the taking image as a thumbnail in another folder.
I have seen examples that people transfer the thumbnail pictures instead of the original.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
you sure you are transferring the correct files?
Some mobile cameras save a copy of the taking image as a thumbnail in another folder.
I have seen examples that people transfer the thumbnail pictures instead of the original.
Yeah it can be possible, ill try yo look next time even closer how im transfering, because its so annoying when you want to look these old photos and somehow theire like little thumbnails. Thanks alot for answer
Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

No problem. Post how it goes when you have figured out if you are transferring the right files.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Beta Member

Quote:
No problem. Post how it goes when you have figured out if you are transferring the right files.
Yeah i wil

But can i ask one more question? , is there any other ways that can cause these problem. Example if you transfer pictures from one folder to another or one pc to another pc folder, or if u send youre picture to someone or upload to facebook or something like that. Or is the only thing what can really cause the problem is that i simply transfer from mobile to pc as thumbnail pictures. Because its not first time when i see that pictures are getting smaller and smaller. When friends show me example poctures they have the same problem. They dont care but i care if the picture isnt the regular size as it should be . Thanx
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

A downscale doesn't happen for no reason. I can understand if you upload it to some site. Some sites may automatically downscale in order to save space on there servers. But simply a transfer from 1 folder to another would not downscale... unless you have some really weird background program running.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Beta Member

Quote:
A downscale doesn't happen for no reason. I can understand if you upload it to some site. Some sites may automatically downscale in order to save space on there servers. But simply a transfer from 1 folder to another would not downscale... unless you have some really weird background program running.
Ehheh, yeah. So only thing what can really cause the problem, is that what you said, Some mobile cameras save a copy of the taking image as a thumbnail in another folder. Now i remember many years ago i did something like that i transfered the pictures from mobile to pc, but then i transfered later the same pictures back to mobile and than they went smaller.