Photoshop HELP?

you see the area of the book that seems ripped and the mona lisa is behind it? I made a path using the pen tool to isolate that part of the book and put it on a new layer.

then after that I took the picture of the lady, scaled it down, and erased all the parts of the picture i didnt want in. I selected the main part of the cat and lady, hit select inverse, feathered it 15 pixels, and deleted the edges so it faded. Then i applied a texture of a cracked desert floor over her face, set it to overlay and the opacity to around %35. Then went into the colour balance played with some settings, then played with some level settings. Voila.

As far as changing the title of the book, you'll need to find a Da Vinci Code font, or find a similar one and play with some blending options to get it just right.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

man what photoshop can do, wow, btw....i have CS1 is it possible to do these things with cs1 or do i need to upgrade?

no you can pretty much do anything with any version of photoshop. the upgrades are just more easier to use like not that many hidden tools.

Ronco Rox said:
no you can pretty much do anything with any version of photoshop. the upgrades are just more easier to use like not that many hidden tools.

oh ok, so is CS1 pretty good? or should i upgrade?

Its good, but it wouldnt hurt to get cs2...Im sure your not going to pay for it, so might as well lol..

Back
Top Bottom