photoshop has stopped working

madanchi

Daemon Poster
ok so only in the past few days, Photoshop (cs3) has randomly stopped working. On the loading screen it gets to the 'initializing' stage and then stops working. The exact same happens to Gimp (2.0) as well :( So, i'm thinking maybe a file is missing, so re-installed both Photoshop and Gimp yet the same issue is still there

but, when i re-installed photoshop, it worked fine, the next day it came back again

I've heard it might be ram issue, but ive got 4gb which is enough and has always been, I'll get around to running a ram health test tomorrow as i havnt enough time atm

another note that I scanned and found a trojan, which at first i presumed that was the casue and had deleted a file or two, but guess not

so, any help would be great as it is vital for my work in my design course

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer as to why Photoshop won't work. However, I too have experienced this same scenario where both Photoshop and Gimp would not install/run. My only resolution was when I reinstalled Windows :(

:( dam, thanks for the reply anyway, i'll keep searching google for an answer and hopefully someone here has an answer

im guessing the registry has become corupt / confused. Try uninstalling photoshop again, Reboot your machine. Then go in to your registry and delete anything under Current_User\Software\Photoshop and Local_Machine\Software\Photoshop and try to install again

im guessing the registry has become corupt / confused. Try uninstalling photoshop again, Reboot your machine. Then go in to your registry and delete anything under Current_User\Software\Photoshop and Local_Machine\Software\Photoshop and try to install again

In addition to that, try running CCleaner in registry mode before reinstalling Photoshop/GIMP.

gimp still fails, but after the 4th re-installation of PS, it finally is working, must have been bad installations before :/ Well, ill soon know if it starts this issue again

thanks guys for the replies anyway :)

aha! it yet again crashes and didnt work, sooo, I followed both JCB and cbouchers help, and now both Gimp and Photoshop are working :D Great thanks from me!

btw sorry for the double post but i wanted to highlight the issue being solved - merge them together if you'd like

edit: Now, its happened again, its like a broken record and now im sounding like one BUT, it stops working after a reset. So does anyone know whats causing it?

It can't be Ram issue I run Photoshop CS5 and Sony vegas pro on 1.5 gigs of ram and a geforce 210.
Did you buy it or download it? Get a legit copy that can update.

thanks :) but i do update it, although i havnt updated in the last 2 weeks, and this issue started only days ago. the thing is it isnt JUST photoshop, its also Gimp - which is free, just strange how it doesnt work after a reset

Try relocating your page file to a drive other than the one PS/GIMP is installed in. I know Photoshop suggests that it not be installed on the same drive as your paging file during setup. Maybe this is the reasoning behind that?

Back
Top Bottom