Photo display options

kelly11

Baseband Member
I recently had to change the battery on my Asus laptop (Windows 8.1) which has brought along the usual problems re-learning and re-doing things, I must've pressed the wrong option for displaying photo's when I hooked up my Canon A1400 it displays photo's in a way I would like to change, I've explored but have yet to find a way to change this, the first photo is what I'm presented with as soon as the camera is connected, the 2nd photo is what I've always been used to, how do I change this ?

Attachments

• CanonUploadScreenDon'tWant.jpg
    CanonUploadScreenDon'tWant.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6
  • CanonUploadScreenDoWant.jpg
    CanonUploadScreenDoWant.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
They display with the standard Windows Photo Viewer that came with 8.1. I wish I were more patient when I first plugged the camera in a few options popped up asking how I would like to open the photo's, I made the mistake of choosing one of them instead of waiting for the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC to open.

I'm confused. Do you want to change the default view in Windows Image viewer, change the default software to open pictures or change the action the OS executes when you connect the camera?

Yes I'd like to change the action the OS is taking when I connect the camera, the first picture I posted displays immediately and fills the entire screen, the only way I can remove it is Ctrl ESC otherwise it gives no options to close.

Try going to Control Panel -> Type "autoplay" in the search box -> Click on Autoplay and see if there are related settings there. If you have trouble figuring out the settings post a screenshot here.

Back
Top Bottom