A personal, lengthy, but highly articulate outburst

x0r515t

In Runtime
Let's be honest: there's no such thing as bug-free software. Initial versions of programs may occasionally crash, fail to de-allocate memory, or encounter untested conditions. Developers may overlook security holes, users may do things nobody thought of, and not all systems are identical. Software developers are human, and they make mistakes now and then. It happens. But of all major software vendors Microsoft has the worst record by far when it comes to the quality of their products in general.
Outlining the battle field

Microsoft boasts a rather extensive product range, but in fact there's less here than meets the eye. Microsoft has forever been selling essentially the same software over and over again, in a variety of colorful new wrappers.

Microsoft products can be divided into three categories: applications, operating systems, and additional server products. The applications include the Microsoft Office suite, but also Internet Explorer, Media Player, Visio, Frontpage, etc. The operating systems involve desktop and server versions of Windows. On the desktop we find Windows 9x/ME, NT Workstation, Windows 2000 and Windows XP, and at the server end we have Windows NT Server, Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000 varieties such as Datacenter. The additional server products, e.g. Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server, run on top of one of the Windows server products. They add services (e.g. webserver or database server functions) to the basic file, print and authentication services that the Windows server platform provides.

Read here:
http://www.euronet.nl/users/frankvw/rants/microsoft/IhateMS_2.html

flame war?
I just thought it was interesting so I thought I would share and maybe see what some people have to say...

don't worry i was messing around :)

i have book marked that page, now thats my second most fav website ... but CF still says 1st

Back
Top Bottom