PC-based SDVR system. Counterfeit? What Software?

KiingDavid

Baseband Member
Hi,

My PC that ran and managed 7 or 8 security cameras recently gave out so I built a new pc because it was a very old pentium 4 and i had some spare parts from a newer PC. The problem is, I can't determine what program i need or what drivers i need to run the DVR board.

Here are some obstacles I ran into:
  • I tried calling the shop that did the initial set-up of the security system but they were not helpful.
  • The boot drive in the old PC is dead so there is no way of looking up any information there. Though it wouldn't have been of any use because I remember the DVR software did not have any information about the product or the company; just a mere SDVR.exe
  • The DVR card itself does not have any information on the PCB
However, I did some research and found out that my card is infact a counterfeit version of the Eyemax DVB9120 board (Or so I think, based on the picture from their website,http://www.eyemaxdvr.com/ , which looks identical to my DVR card).

I would greatly appreciate anybody with any experience setting up pc-based DVRs who and can guide me in the right direction. Or any information will be helpful.

Thanks,

David

David,
I've never used a DVR system, but I know that at my place of work, when we setup new DVR PC's, the security team installs the software. To do this, they simply login to one of the cameras and the software for the cameras is there. If the camera is on an IP based network, the cameras should have addresses. Enter an address into your browser and see if they have a web interface with the software in the ROM somewhere. As for the card itself... I can't help there, sorry.

Thank you iPwn.

Unfortunately our cameras are linked by hardwire directly to the card itself. To be more precise, all feeds from each camera merges to a single video port (similar to that of a VGA port) on the card.

Back
Top Bottom