Parental control

mammikoura

Golden Master
Hey guys. First of all, it's been ages since I came here the last time, glad to see there are still some of the old guys around. Anyway, I need a little help.

I'm looking for a good, simple to use (preferably free) parental control software. Google gives me loads of different ones so I'd appreciate if someone has any personal experience. I don't need anything with a lot of options, it's just for blocking xxx websites and that kind of stuff.

-mammikoura

What version of Windows do you have? Windows 7 has some native Parental Control software...

I'm going to need the install this software on 2 computers. One is running windows 7 and the other one has win xp.
I already looked at the one that comes with Win 7 but it has some major flaws, as far as I know the "controlled" account can't have admin rights. And it appears that it can only block programs (or the whole computer) but I just need something that would block xxx material from the web. They will still need to be able to use firefox for other stuff.

Another alternative that can't be disabled is to use OpenDNS. They offer free filtering services, and you can run the control program from your own system / profile.

Back
Top Bottom