P2p virus antinny

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
I have mentioned this before but many file sharing documents say that personal information gets spread via p2p by careless people who don't set up their shared folder correctly and also can be caused by malware. I've done research and can't find any malware that really does this sort of activity by exposing random documents. I did come across one called antinny that's affects a Japanese file sharing program. Wonder if that's what these people were referring 2

I remember a Kazaa virus a long time ago that did this. It was actually pretty simple, it would create its own folder, copy itself to that folder under various names (wincrack.exe, setup.exe etc...) and simply add the folder to the other file sharing folders (which at the time were basically stored in the registry, unencrypted) and people would download it thinking it was something else.

It's a bit more complicated than that these days with Torrents, encryption an so on. But I'm sure there's techniques they can adopt that work similar.

Yes but I'm talking about it adding your personal files into the shared folder so they could get your personal documents pictures or anything else under your user profile to be downloaded on p2p

Back
Top Bottom