Outlook problem

Hobeau43

Beta member
I have an old startac organizer that I'm trying to syncronize with outlook. The problem is, is that it will only work with office 2000 and I had office XP on my computer. So I uninstalled office XP and installed office 2000. Unfortunately for some reason when I try to install the software for my organizer it doesn't recognize that office is installed correctly. I installed every feature included in office 2000, and I was able to get it working on another computer that did not have office on it before and I was able to syncronize it just fine. I'm at my whits end trying to figure out whats going on and I was wondering if there is a way to completely whipe out office off your hard drive. I know that when you do an uninstall, it doesn't always erase everything. Can anyone help??

prob a registry problem

there is probably something in the registary that is telling the other software that its a later verion of outlook than you actually have installed.

I would see if you can find a utility on the web to remove all registry entries after deleting outlook.. im sure MS will have one somewhere

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

Back
Top Bottom